viernes, 20 de noviembre de 2015

Diary entry based on arranged marriages

Dear Diary,
Today my parents told me I have everything arranged for my marriage to the daughter of a family of my people, the problemaes that she indeed not love or even know, but the traditions of my religion force me to marry her.
I personally do not agree with this tradition, as I believe that marriage is an act of love's presence is needed because it unites two people for life. so I feel very sorry because my family does not understand that I do not want to follow this religious tradition because I want to marry someone who loves, or if not possible, at least I like to meet the woman you marry me before decide if you really want to. I also feel that such traditions are very old and are not suitable ara this time, so I think my new religion should apply appropriate rules to the 21st century and relate our traditions with Western culture.
lately I've thought about changing my religion and I do not share many things about my religion, but this would take away from my family and leave my country because this decision is not accepted because my religion is very strict. so I'm not sure because I do not want to do to lose my life, but I do not want to continue with the traditions.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario